Sometimes long exposure to sunlight can cause dark circles to form under the eyes. Ways in which you can reduce these dark circles are:
- Get enough sleep. Your body needs anywhere between 6 to 8 hours of good sleep.
- Make sure you are not under stress. If you are, then use de-stressing techniques like meditation, yoga, and exercising, preferably, outdoors.
- Ensure that your diet is a balanced one with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink not less than 8 glasses of water every day.
- If you have to go outdoors, wear dark glasses.
- One very simple, but effective, thing you can do is to lie down in a darkened room with your eyes closed and put 2 thin slices of cucumber over your closed eyes. This brings immediate relief.
- If your work includes sitting for long hours at a computer, take short breaks and sit with your eyes closed. This reduces the strain on the eyes.